Friday, December 28, 2007

Concise and to the Point - I like

You know who I admire? Writers.
Now i could stop there and leave you wondering. You could choose your own adventure, decide for yourself why i admire writers (good ones mind you) but I won't. You can still do that, but I will at least explain my reasoning.
Firstly, if you didn't know already, I like words - a lot. Not sure what connectin that has really, but . . .
Authors, poets, essayists, people who can express thoughts so concisely, yet make a phrase sound so beautiful. People who can express a thought concisely and capture the exact nature of a thougt precisely alone astound me, let alone combining the right mix of words to make that phrase roll of the tongue and sound great. Poets, really. However, as I stated before, they don't have to make it sound beautiful to recieve my praise, and that simply because I take many words to express my own thoughts, and even then cannot capture the essence of a thought as I would wish to.
So, having shared that pratcically useless piece of information with the world, i shall leave with the words of Robert Frost, who helped me to give poetry another chance, and even attempt some myself! (No matter how terrible the product)

Two paths diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth


-The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost, 1920

No comments: