Tuesday, October 14, 2008

RED RECTANGLE!

Today I was placed in the difficult situation of trying very hard not to insult myself. I was (for reasons unbeknown to me now) talking to my sister about the book I'm reading, and mentioned casually that she probably wouldn't find it terribly exciting. As I was to learn, that was a wrong choice of words, because my sister immediately countered with, "Why wouldn't I find it interesting?" Because you just wouldn't. "But if i would find it boring why do you think it's interesting?" Just - Just - "Is it because you're boring?" No. Just - no. Shush now and don't ever speak of this again.
I really couldn't explain why she wouldn't find the book interesting; I could think of no answer that would satisfy her. I just knew she wouldn't. You know how that happens? I do only too well. It's like that incredibly frustrating situation of trying to explain the meaning of a word when you know what it means but you just can't put it into words. Gah it's so frustrating.
So I've decided to come up with a response to the questions whose rightful answers can't be formed into words. The silence of a telepathic trying to convey their thought shapes. That should work well enough, let me know how it goes!

No comments: